Search

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taxes Can Be Funny

Actually, no one thinks taxes are funny.  But, if all I did here was spout tax code, you'd all be pretty bored and you would never read my blog. I want to provide helpful information in a way ordinary people can understand.  Most people hate this time of year.  Just the thought of doing their taxes can make most people want to wash the cat or clean the toilet instead. Anything except their taxes.  I just want to do my little part to help ease the burden.

Actually, sometimes taxes can be funny, in a wierd sort of way.  Remember Leona Helmsley? She had gabillions (yes, that's a technical tax term), but thought she was above the law and didn't need to pay taxes. Or Richard whatshisname from the first Survivor show? He won a million dollars on worldwide television and then thought he didn't have to pay tax on it. Now that's funny!!

It's funny when it's someone else's tax problem.  It is a voluntary system, but we all have to volunteer. Since we have to do it anyway, I hope I can relieve the stress level just a little.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment